We often are asked by our clients to suggest restaurants near to San Francisco City Hall. Many of our brides and grooms want to celebrate their wedding vows at a nearby eatery without having to get in the car and fight traffic. As luck would have it, there are quite a few local restaurants in the vicinity of City Hall. Some are only a couple of blocks away. Easily accessible after your San Francisco city hall wedding photography session is complete! Listed below our some of our favorites in no particular order:
- Absinthe – A personal favorite of ours and located in the Hayes Valley area. Absinthe is probably the place that most city hall couples choose when they want a nearby dinner celebration. The wonderful thing about Absinthe is that it has a dedicated wedding reception facility right next to the eatery. This spacious dining area provides the couple with excellent privacy. The service here is amazing and the food is wonderful. Try the French Onion Soup, it’s fantastic. For another special wedding day treat, ask the bartender to go through the Absinthe process with the sugar cube melting, etc. It is a fun process and a delicious drink to try. The Absinthe website has a lot of excellent information about this and other important items on the menu. In addition to all of the above, you can walk here from City Hall! Its about a 10 minute walk but gives you the opportunity to have everyone say congratulations on the streets. This is always fun for the couple and makes them realize how special their day is. Expect some honking horns while you walk!
- Patxi’s Pizza – It is a pretty good walk from San Francisco City Hall but well worth it. If you are looking for something much less expensive but still good food, this is the place. A much more casual dining experience, but with nice decor. Patxi’s is known for their Chicago style pizza, but I actually prefer the smaller signature pizzas they serve. Some Italian influence makes for some great individual style Pizzas. Get 2 and share! This is probably not the ideal place to bring a large wedding party, but it might be fun for a quick late lunch bite. Patxi’s Pizza San Francisco
- Hayes Street Grill – Definitely a favorite of the city hall wedding crowd. This is probably one of the closest eateries to city hall. It’s basically less than a 5 minute walk. Known for the innovative cuisine and great bar set up. This place receives very high marks from Yelp and is a great place for people watching. Excellent seafood and grilled meats.
- Mr. Tipples Recording Studio – This is a relatively new place in Hayes Valley and they feature a great bar and Jazz music. I have actually never been here but plan to soon based upon some very high marks on Yelp and Trip Advisor. Lots of Food and Fun at Mr. Tipples!
- Doppio Zero – This Italian Pizza restaurant has made a fast rise to the top. It has suddenly become the place everyone is talking about. Their pizzas have already won national awards and are considered to be very authentic Italian. In my opinion, it still comes in second place to Tony’s Pizza in North Beach, but it is recommended here because it is walking distance from San Francisco city hall. They serve other food including some Italian dishes. Check out the Doppio Zero website for more information and having a San Francisco city hall wedding celebration here.
- Son & Garden – San Francisco – Another relatively new place that is VERY close to city hall. Its is more for casual dining, but still a great place to go. The food is very healthy and considered to be part of the new farm to table obsession that is going around.