We often are asked by our clients to suggest restaurants near to San Francisco City Hall. Many of our brides and grooms want to celebrate their wedding vows at a nearby eatery without having to get in the car and fight traffic. As luck would have it, there are quite a few local restaurants in the vicinity of City Hall. Some are only a couple of blocks away. Listed below our some of our favorites in no particular order:
- Jardiniere – Update: Jardiniere has closed at this location
- Absinthe – Another personal favorite in the Hayes Valley area. Absinthe is probably the place that most city hall couples choose when they want a nearby dinner celebration. The wonderful thing about Absinthe is that it has a dedicated wedding reception facility right next to the eatery. This spacious dining area provides the couple with excellent privacy. The service here is amazing and the food if wonderful. Try the French Onion Soup, it’s fantastic. The Absinthe website has a lot of excellent information. In addition to all of the above, you can walk here from City Hall! Its about a 10 minute walk but gives you the opportunity to have everyone say congratulations on the streets. This is always fun for the couple and makes them realize how special their day is.
- Patxi’s Pizza – It is a pretty good walk from San Francisco City Hall but well worth it. If you are looking for something much less expensive but still good food, this the place. A much more casual dining experience, but with nice decor. Patxi’s is known for their Chicago style pizza, but I actually prefer the smaller signature pizzas they serve. Some Italian influence makes for some great individual style Pizzas. Get 2 and share! This is probably not the ideal place to bring a large wedding party, but it might be fun for a quick late lunch bite. Patxi’s Pizza San Francisco
- Soluna Cafe – Definitely a favorite of the city hall wedding crowd. They host wedding receptions there or small parties. This is probably the closest eatery to city hall. It’s basically right across the square and less than a 5 minute walk. Known for the innovative cuisine and great bar set up. This place receives very high marks from Yelp and is a personal favorite. To obtain more information please check out the Soluna website.
- Mint Cafe – This is nothing fancy and certainly not a place to celebrate your recent wedding. But if you need a snack or want some coffee, they are conveniently located right in City Hall on the ground floor. We know the owners and they are great people. Everything is homemade! UPDATE: At least for now, the Mint Cafe is closed. The Pandemic forced them to shut down, but they have not returned. We will check back later and update this page if needed. At this point, no more Mint Cafe!